Sunday, September 18, 2011

Incense is killing my allergies, of course, so has everything in the last couple of weeks. Bahhh. This is what I get when I don't take the beautiful allergy medications. I feel miserable.

I finally decided that I wanted to work on the Holden shawlette. Right now I'm in the midst of the beginning part of it, but hey, same lace pattern for 44 rows then it gets to the fun part of it, I think I can handle that.

On a completely different note, my 10-year high school reunion was this weekend. It was over the course of two days. I tried to the half of it yesterday, but when I got to the park at 12 and there wasn't anyone there yet, I decided to go home and spend the rest of the day with the fam. Friday night though was fun. We all met at one of the local bar/restaurants and had drinks. It was awesome seeing people I hadn't seen in 10 years, or just watched their life unfold before my eyes on Facebook. It also made me realize how few people I actually KNEW. I kept to my circles pretty tightly and didn't tend to deviate out of them too much. Sort of wish I had. Oh well, that's life for you.

It's also funny how something like finally getting a Sam's Club or Costco membership really makes you feel grown up and more complete, at least, that's what it did to me. I know, super weird. But, it makes me feel weirdly accomplished and reassured the fact that we can get a metric ton of things like diapers for Natie and pay a pretty reasonable price for it, or you can get things like quartz heaters or little kids' picnic table and it's a little cheaper. Just makes me feel good and that we are a little bit closer to being finally stable on our feet again. So needless to say this weekend I've been not feeling anxious or a little down like I normally would be.

Until next time...
Enjoy the little things.


No comments: